Why Pressure Washing Is for the Professionals
If you live in Cincinnati, you may have just noticed the exterior appearance of your house looks dreadful. It’s dirty and stained, with green, mossy plants (that are not the result of your green thumb) growing on it. That green, mossy stuff is actually algae and mold, and if left to grow, it can cause serious health issues as well as damage to your home. It is time for a thorough, Cincinnati pressure washing. Don’t Try This at Home Before you consider pressure washing your house yourself, you need to be aware of some of the dangers.
- Pressure washers are not toys. A garden hose alone delivers water pressure at about 50 pounds per square inch; pressure washers can generate 1,500 to 4,000 psi.
- Every year many people take a trip to the emergency room with injuries related to pressure washer use, and some of those ER visits lead to additional hospitalization.
- Because of the high power of a pressure washer, a small hit by the stream of water can cause serious skin lacerations. While even a small cut might seem minor, liquid can get into the tissue. Once this happens and it spreads deep into the tissue, bacterial infection sets in.
- If not operated properly, a pressure washer has so much power that it can tear screens, break your windows, blast the paint off your house, and blow shingles off your roof.
- Power washing can force high-pressure water behind vinyl siding and into the cement cracks of your brick home. Causing mold issues that you do not know about until it is too late.
Doing it Yourself is Expensive Not only is pressure washing dangerous, it can also be costly. Renting a pressure washer is not cheap and without experience in pressure washing, it could take days to thoroughly pressure wash your best. If you accidentally damage your home, you will now have the added expense of repairs. In a worst-case scenario, an injury to yourself adds the additional cost of medical expenses as well as the possibility of losing time from work.
Call a Professional Your home should be pressure washed with a custom blend of safe anti-microbial cleaning solutions and rinsed under low pressure to avoid the risk of bodily injury or damage to your home. An experienced, professional exterior cleaner possesses the knowledge and tools to thoroughly clean the exterior of your home. For all of your Cincinnati pressure washing needs, call Kings of Cleanhave pressure washing experience with homes, apartments and condominiums, churches, schools, restaurants, office buildings, parking lots, and shopping centers. Pressure washing is time-consuming and laborious work. Do something you enjoy and let the professionals handle the dirty work.