If you are concerned about the image of your home, your driveway and sidewalk is the first impression. To be sure your driveway cleaning is performed properly, contact your local driveway cleaning service.
If you prefer to do it yourself, here are some tips for effective driveway cleaning.
Getting rid of grease spots
The best way to get rid of grease spots will depend on the material your driveway is made of. Of course, just as there are more than 15 different kinds of siding, there are as many, if not more, types of driveway materials. This means that there is no cure-all method for getting rid of grease.
For concrete, the most effective cleaning solutions are actually cola and dishwashing liquid. First, pour the soda onto the stain and leave it to soak overnight. In the morning, scrub the spot with dishwashing detergent and warm water. Surprisingly, the stain will disappear in no time!
If you have an asphalt driveway, try one of these three solutions: trisodium phosphate, bleach, or baking soda. All you have to do is apply the compound to the stain and use a broom to scrub the grease away.
Never use a pressure washer to remove oil or grease stains. Let the proper solvents do it. The intense power created by the hose will actually force the stain even deeper into the surface of your driveway.
Getting rid of dirt and debris
When it comes to removing dirt, mildew, and other debris from the surface of your driveway, pressure washing is the most effective method. Here is a step-by-step guide for driveway cleaning with a pressure washer.
1. Gather your materials:
• Pressure washer
• Stiff brush
• Pressure washer detergent
• Garden hose
2. Sweep the driveway: Using the broom, clear all debris and loose dirt from the driveway.
3. Degrease the surface: Spray the driveway with degreaser. Make sure you keep a distance of at least six inches away from the surface. Scrub the degreaser into the surface with a brush.
4. Prepare the pressure washer: Attach the spray wand tip designated for washing and connect the garden hose to the pressure washer. Turn on the water.
5. Add detergent: Place the detergent tube in the container. Once the pressure washer is started, the tube will allow the detergent to flow into the water stream of the wand.
6. Apply detergent: Apply the detergent to the driveway by pressing the spray handle. Keeping a distance of about eight to 18 inches above the surface of the driveway, spray back and forth in a smooth manner. Let the detergent sit for five minutes.
7. Pressure-wash: Switch the spray wand tip to the one labeled “25 degrees.” Hold down the handle and spray back and forth just as before.
Once the pressure washing is complete, make sure you seal the driveway with a waterproof sealer. Driveway sealing will protect the surface from damage in the future.
There are some things that you can do it yourself but it is generally a bargain to hire a professional driveway or exterior house cleaning company after you rent the equipment, buy the chemicals, and take the risk of a non professional using a power sprayer around your flowers and shrubbery. Call the pros at Kings of Clean.